Welcome to my blog site where during 2016, I will be discussing how the food choices we make affect the world we live in. That includes everything from the environment and our climate to our level of compassion for other beings and even our spirituality. I hope that you the reader will enjoy this journey as we both explore these facets together.
But first, a little about me. I am a:
|With Dr. Michael Greger|
- Graduate of the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies at Cornell University
- Graduate of the Rouxbe Cooking School in a program sponsored by Forks Over Knives
- President of the widely regarded 500+ member Eat Smart Live Longer Club in Bluffton, SC
- Co-Facilitator for the Plant Pure Nation pod in the Bluffton/Hilton Head, South Carolina area.
- Writer of a twice a month column titled Food Matters for the Bluffton Sun
- Past cooking instructor
|With Dr. Neal Barnard|
In my spare time, I enjoy my daughter's family, including my three grandchildren in Savannah, and as a widower, I like getting out to the theater and for dinner outs at those restaurants that can offer WFPB fare. I also do yoga, walk at least 3-1/2 miles every day, bicycle and more. In my previous life, I had a career in science at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, which I retired from as the Manager of Quality and Performance Management, responsible for deploying methodologies for improved quality and performance management on scientific work performed across the $1 billion a year research and development laboratory.
With my best regards,
J Lanning Smith (Jim)
The WFPB GuyTM
|Here I am with Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his wife, Karen|